The State Securities Board has two concise, resource-packed books for active military, veterans, and their families.
Free copies of both of our military publications are available by contacting Robert Elder, Communications & Investor Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a mailing address and the number of copies you would like to receive.
The Veterans Handbook: Tactics for Civilian Life is intended to assist veterans and soon-to-be-vets identify the professional, financial, and personal choices that come with a shift to a civilian career. Topics include:
- Building a short-term emergency fund and setting long-term goals in saving and investing;
- The different strategies for saving for retirement;
- Avoiding financial problems that arise from investment fraud and pension-related scams;
- Details of the post-9/11 GI Bill;
- And identifying the appropriate life and health insurance for you and your family.
A Salute to Smart Investing provides active military members with the knowledge and tools they need to achieve financial security, and helps them identify and avoid frauds that specifically target the military.
The "Salute" guide covers investment "basic training," which includes budgeting, saving, and credit; the basics of saving and investing; balancing risk and reward in investing; retirement planning; and recognizing inappropriate investments.