The 2019 edition of the Texas Investor Guide is here, so the sooner you order copies the sooner you'll be able to start the new year with the unbiased, no-nonsense guidance you need to invest wisely and avoid financial fraud.
Regardless of income, age, or overall fiscal health, the Investor Guide is here to assist. Fully updated for 2019, it provides the most current information on the basics of investing and recognizing inappropriate and fraudulent investment offerings. It also helps you understand the different types of financial professionals out there and which one might be best for you.
The Investor Guide is free. Provide your name, address, and the number of copies you would like to receive to Robert Elder, Director of Communications & Investor Education, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Investor Guide is available online in Spanish.
New to the 2019 edition is a section on risky cryptocurrency-related investments pitched to ordinary, Main Street investors.
In addition, the Investor Guide explains:
- Investing for growth – although investing always carries risk, it’s hard to achieve your financial goals otherwise;
- The basics of mutual funds, including target date funds, and how to invest in them;
- Asset classes such as stocks, bonds, CDs, real estate, and cash, and how they generally differ in risk and performance;
- Avoiding scams and high-risk investments, with details on some of the most outrageous cases we have prosecuted; and
- Understanding and controlling the cost of investments;
- Examples of simple, easy-to-assemble investment portfolios that help you strike a balance between risk and return;
- Putting together the pieces of a secure retirement, including IRAs, 401(k)s, and knowing the strategies of claiming Social Security benefits;
- The research you can do and the questions to ask to increase the odds of finding a financial professional you can trust.